- Navigate to your Office 365 Portal.
- In the Office Administration Center (OAC), select billing.
- Select subscriptions.
- Select change quantity.
- Select Remove license and click Next.
- In the Change to area, input the quantity of licenses you require and select Place Order.
- You cannot reduce your license count to zero.
- Assigned licenses cannot be removed. For example, if a customer has five licenses and has four of them assigned, they cannot change their license count to less than four licenses.
- This change applies to all payment methods (invoice or credit card).
- This change does not apply to prepaid and/or annually paid customers (including Volume Licensing subscriptions).
- This change does not apply to academy, non-profit, and government subscriptions.
ETF (Early Termination Fee)
IMPORTANT: Because you are removing licenses from a subscription with an annual commitment, you may be charged a one-time early termination fee. This fee is typically equal to the cost of a monthly subscription for each license. This is noted in the agreement signed by the customer when signing up for an Office 365 subscription.