- You have an app installed. The application has one or more Control Panel items.
- You use the Windows 8.1 search charm to find the app.
- You later remove the app.
- You use the Windows 8.1 search charm to search, and the app shortcut is still there.
- You cannot right-click and remove the shortcut.
- When you click the shortcut, you receive an error message.
This problem may occur for any software item which is installed and then uninstalled in Control Panel.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen (or move your pointer to the lower-right corner), and then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Change PC Settings.
- Tap or click Search and Apps.
- Under Clear search history, tap or click Clear.
- Click Clear in the new pop-up window to confirm.
Article ID: 2990636 - Last Review: 8 Aug 2014 - Revision: 1