- Excel Services
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Reporting Services in SharePoint Mode
You have a site collection with PowerPivot feature enabled, and it includes a PowerPivot Gallery. Therefore it will show a Silverlight UI to browse across the files.
You follow these steps:
- You create a new Excel workbook.
- You add some data, and then create a Power View sheet in your workbook.
- You save and close the workbook. Therefore when you open the workbook again, it will use the PowerView sheet.
- You upload the workbook to the PowerPivot Gallery.
After five minutes, the preview thumbnail will display a red cross instead of the Power View snapshot.
If your workbook has no regular worksheets, we recommend that you add a worksheet and insert it at the beginning of the worksheet list. If you do not want to show an empty worksheet in the PowerPivot Gallery, a common practices is to paste a screen shot of a Power View report into this regular worksheet.
Article ID: 2990993 - Last Review: 18 Aug 2014 - Revision: 1