- You have a multiple-node failover cluster that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- You create a continuously available file share on the cluster.
- You connect to the share from a client computer that is running Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows RT, or Windows Server 2012.
- You transfer a file to or from the share.
- During the file transfer, you disconnect the cable that connects the drive to the cluster.
- You receive an error message on the client computer that resembles the following:STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
Note The expected behavior is that the client computer reconnects to another cluster node to continue the file transfer after you disconnect the drive cable.
Before you install this hotfix, check the prerequisite of the hotfix.
Hotfix for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must first install update 2919355 in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2991247 - Last Review: 14 Oct 2014 - Revision: 1