Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- A SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) package in a Service Reporting SQL Server Agent job calls the SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) synchronously. If for some reason SSAS does not return, the Service Reporting SQL Server Agent stops responding indefinitely while it awaits a response.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Reporting
Download informationUpdate packages for Service Reporting are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install the updates from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has a System Center 2012 R2 Service Reporting installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packages
The following file is available for manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Installation instructionsIf this Update Rollup is installed through Microsoft Update, it is installed like any other update. However, if you download the .msp file for Update Rollup 4, you should follow these steps to install it:
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Run the following command:msiexec.exe /update Path_To_Downloaded_MSP_file
Removal instructionsIn order to remove Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Reporting, you have to first uninstall Service Reporting from the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel, and then reinstall it by using the existing databases. There is no data loss during the reinstall process, because the databases are retained.
To uninstall Service Reporting, follow the steps in the How to Uninstall Service Reporting topic on the Microsoft TechNet website.
To reinstall and configure Service Reporting, follow these steps:
- To reinstall Service Reporting, follow the steps in the How to Install Service Reporting topic on the Microsoft TechNet website.
Note When you follow the reinstall steps, you must use the existing SQL Server databases listed on the Configure Service Reporting Data Warehouse page and the Configure Analysis Server page. It is important to select the existing databases from the drop-down list in step 6 for ETL Repository DB, Staging DB, and Data warehouse DB and in step 7 for Analysis DB.
- To configure Service Reporting, follow the steps in the How to Configure Service Reporting for Windows Azure Pack and System Center topic on the Microsoft TechNet website.
Files that are updated
|File name||File size||Version|