- Hyper-V server that is running on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Hyper-V Server 2012 R2.
- Windows Server 2003-based guest operating system.
- Two virtual IDE controllers are configured in the virtual machine:
- IDE Controller 0 has a virtual hard disk attached to location 0 and a DVD drive is attached to location 1.
- IDE Controller 1 has a virtual hard disk attached to location 0.
Resolution 1 (recommended)Attach the virtual hard disk that is currently attached to IDE Controller 1 to a SCSI Controller.
Resolution 2Attach the second virtual hard disk that is currently attached to IDE Controller 1 to IDE Controller 0 location1, and then move the DVD drive to IDE Controller 1.
Article ID: 2993787 - Last Review: 22 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1