How to obtain the certificate
No pre-existing certificateBegin the installation of the Perceptive Pixel Touch Driver. During the installation, the program will ask whether the Virtual USB Driver can be installed. At this point, you must click to select the Always trust software from "Microsoft Corporation" check box. (This option will write the needed certificate to your certificate store.) Then, click Install to complete the installation of the driver.
To export a copy of the certificate, you should use Certificate Manager. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and then the R key to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type certmgr.msc, and then click OK.
- In the navigation pane, you will find the different certificate types that are available. Expand the Trusted Publishers folder, and then click Certificates to display the Trusted Publishers certificates that you currently have installed. One of these certificates will be the Microsoft Corporation certificate.
- In the other pane, right-click the Microsoft Corporation certificate, click All Tasks, and then click Export.
- The Certificate Export Wizard will open. Click Next to begin.
- Make sure that the default option of DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) is selected, and then click Next.
- Click Browse, locate where you want the file to be saved, type a name for the file (for example, type PerceptivePixel.cer), and then click Save.
- Click Next.
- The next window displays the specified settings for the certificate. Click Finish to write the certificate to disk.
- Click OK to exit the wizard.
Pre-existing certificateOn a system on which the Microsoft Corporation Code Signing Certificate is present, export the certificate. Copy the certificate to the system on which you want to silently install the Perceptive Pixel by Microsoft device driver, and then go to the "How to import the certificate" section.
How to import the certificateTo import the certificate to the certificate store of a new system, open an elevated command prompt, and use the following command-line syntax. Make sure that you are in the same directory as the certificate. Or, use the fully qualified directory name to access the certificate.
Note The certificate can be copied from any of the system that is running one of the following operating systems and platforms:
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows 8 x64
- Windows 8.1 x64
PPI by Microsoft driver installationTo silently install the PPI by Microsoft driver, run the following command by using elevated permissions (as an administrator):
Note The silent switch (/S) is case-sensitive and must be uppercase.
Article ID: 2993874 - Last Review: 29 Aug 2014 - Revision: 1