- other actions involving client to server requests
- Launch Control Panel.
In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Swipe in from the right to open the charms, tap or click Search , and then type control panel in the search box. Or, type control panel at the Start screen, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results.
In Windows Vista and Windows 7
Click Start , type Control Panel in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- In Control Panel, locate and double-click Mail.
- Click Show Profiles , and click Add.
- Enter a profile name, and click OK.
- Configure your Exchange email settings as needed, and click Next.
- Check the Manually configure server settings checkbox, and click Next.
- Uncheck the Use Cached Exchange Mode checkbox and click Finish.
- In the Mail Control Panel, select either Prompt for a profile to be used, or select Always use this profile and select the new profile from the dropdown.
- Click OK , and launch Outlook using the new profile.
You can confirm that Outlook is using an Online Mode profile if the Outlook status bar displays Online with Microsoft Exchange as shown in the figure below.
Article ID: 2994798 - Last Review: 1 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1