This update fixes the following issues:
- When you have an SWE application that uses OpenGL ES in Windows Embedded Compact 2013, the screen updates slowly. This issue occurs because the whole texture is always updated, even if only a smaller area needs to be updated.
- Assume that you run an SWE application on a Windows Embedded Compact 2013-based device. When you register a gesture event handler on a control such as the Canvas or Button control, your application code is called in the event handler for all gesture messages except the GID_END one.
- Assume that you have an SWE application that is running on a Windows Embedded Compact 2013-based device. You set a custom PropertyBag dependency property by calling the SetDependencyProperty () function. In this situation, the SetValue () function of the active DataContext is not called.
- Assume that you have an SWE application that is running on a Windows Embedded Compact 2013-based device, and the XAML engine calls the GetValue function multiple times (two to three) on each bound property in this application. A performance issue on the application may occur. For example, when the application forwards the GetValue function calls to managed code by using Platform Invocation Services (PInvoke), this performance issue may occur.
Software update information
Download informationWindows Embedded Compact 2013 Monthly Update (August 2014) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 2013 monthly update, go to Microsoft OEM Onlineor MyOEM.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 2995569 - Last Review: 12 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1