- You have multiple domains in your Windows Server 2008 R2 environment, and the domains are in one or more forests.
- You have a read-only domain controller (RODC) installed in one of the domains.
- You use a user account that is from a domain other than the domain in which the RODC is installed.
- You log on to any of the domain controllers or computers that have Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) installed.
- You connect the RSAT tool to a domain controller in the domain in which the RODC is installed.
- You open the Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Editor or the Attribute Editor and then try to obtain the properties of the RODC in the child domain.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message in the console:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix for Windows Server 2008 R2, you must have Service Pack 1 installed.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2995635 - Last Review: 4 Nov 2014 - Revision: 1