- A Microsoft Lync 2013 client receives a first instant message (IM) from a Lync 2013 peer.
- The IM recipient right-clicks the IM in the recipient's Lync 2013 client conversation window.
- A pop-up menu is displayed.
Note When the Lync 2013 IM recipient receives a second IM, the recipient's Select All and Copy menu items are enabled.
- Position the cursor in front of the first character of the IM in the Lync 2013 client conversation window.
- Hold down the right mouse key and then drag the cursor over the text of the IM to select the text.
- Use the keyboard to hold down the Ctrl key and press the C key (Ctrl+C) to copy the contents of the IM to the clipboard.
- Paste the IM message into any compatible document application. For example, paste the message into Notepad.
Article ID: 2996506 - Last Review: 4 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1