- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You install an out-of-box Canon multifunction printer (MFP) driver by using USB connection type on the computer.
- You connect the printer to the computer through a USB cable.
- You change the printer mode from UFR II to UFRII LT XPS in the printer settings, and then power cycle the printer.
- You unplug the connected USB cable from the computer, and then restart the computer.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Connect the printer to the computer through USB, and then turn on the printer.
- Open Devices and Printers in Control Panel.
- Right-click all the associated printer icons, and then click Remove device.
- Install update rollup 2995388.
- Restart the computer.
For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2996804 - Last Review: 14 Oct 2014 - Revision: 1