- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Endpoint Protection clients
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 (SP1) clients
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 clients
These packages update Endpoint Protection client services, drivers, and user interface (UI) components.
Microsoft regularly releases anti-malware platform updates to guarantee consistency in protection, performance, robustness, and usability in a malware landscape that is constantly changing. This update package is dated October 2014.
Update informationThis anti-malware platform update contains the following improvements:
- Improved scanning for MBR/VBR detections and advanced bootkits
- Dynamic registry key hardening to counter tampering from malware
- Disk space optimization for Low end devices
- Shortening fallback time to ADL for signatures
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateAnti-malware platform updates for stand-alone System Center 2012 R2 clients, System Center 2012 clients, and Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 clients are available from Microsoft Update.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have one of the following installed:
- Cumulative Update 1 or later for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Cumulative Update 5 or later for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Service Pack 2 for System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Update Rollup 1 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010, and update 2952678 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close Configuration Manager Administration Console before you install this update package.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces update 2952678 , the March 2014 anti-malware platform update for Endpoint Protection clients.
Version informationThis update brings the anti-malware client version to 4.6.0305.0. To find the version information, click About on the Help menu of the Endpoint Protection client UI.
Article ID: 2998627 - Last Review: 26 Apr 2017 - Revision: 2