to load successfully.
You should check the following on Windows:
- Make sure that the environment variable 'JAVA_HOME' is set properly and points to a 64-bit version jof Java(JDK or SE
Runtime). For 64-bit Revolution R you need to make sure that you have a 64-bit version of Java installed.
- Make sure that the Java 'CLASSPATH' variable is set properly.
For the 64-bit version of the JDK, this is typically set to something like the following(on Windows):
- Check your system PATH settings. On Windows, goto 'Control Panel ---> System --> Advanced Settings ---> Environment Variables'.
Your path should include the directories: 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\server' and 'C:\Revolution\R-Enterprise-7.3\R-3.1.1\bin\x64'.
- Make sure that the environment variables 'RPATH' and 'RHOME' are BOTH set and point to the directory:
- CLASSPATH: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_02/jre/lib/ext
- RPATH and RHOME: /usr/lib64/Revo-7.3/R-3.1.1
R CMD javareconf
This will attempt to configure Java properly on your system for use with Revolution R Enterprise.
Note that if not ALL of the configuration settings are filled out after running 'R CMD javareconf', this usually means that rJava won't work and your Java installation/configuration is insufficient.
Article ID: 3103813 - Last Review: 1 Nov 2015 - Revision: 1