To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-115.
- All future security and nonsecurity updates for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 3097877 MS15-115: Description of the security update for Windows: November 10, 2015
Note This security update was rereleased on November 11, 2015, for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to resolve the following issues:
- Resolves crashing that occurred in all supported versions of Microsoft Outlook when users were reading certain emails.
- Resolves problems that occurred while users were logging on to the system. For example, after a user restarted the computer and then pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delete at the logon screen, the screen flashed and then went black. The user was then unable to continue. There may be other, similar logon issues that are related to this issue.
- 3101746 MS15-115: Description of the security update for Windows: November 10, 2015
- 3105213 Cumulative update for Windows 10: November 10, 2015
- 3105211 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511: November 10, 2015
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT and Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
Article ID: 3105864 - Last Review: 13 Nov 2015 - Revision: 1