Event ID: 3018
Task Category: Extension
Scenario: GetConfig.GetConfig. The request failed. Mailbox: Url: https://o15.officeredir.microsoft.com/r/rlidMktplcWSConfig15 Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 220.127.116.11:443
If the Exchange server does not have an Internet connection, you can safely ignore this error. Or you can use the following method to reduce the probability of the error occurring in the future.
Change the interval for the Office Store access checks
- Open the following two Web.config files in the Client Access Server:
- C:\Program Files \Microsoft\Exchange Server \V15\ClientAccess\exchweb\ews\web.config
- C:\Program Files \Microsoft\Exchange Server \V15\ClientAccess\Owa\web.config
- In each Web.config file, add the following line between the "<appSettings>" line and the </appSettings> line.
<add key = "KillBitRefreshTimeInSeconds" value = "<seconds>" />
For example, the following line sets the interval for Office Store access checks to 86,400 seconds (1 day):
<add key = "KillBitRefreshTimeInSeconds" value = "86400" />
- Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from the administrative tools.
- Select Application Pools, right-click each of the following pools, and then click Recycle: