Be aware that the update on the Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Parses nested rule collections in Outlook add-in manifests.
- Adds the ability to select and interact with multiple attachments in Outlook 2016.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to send a meeting request that has an attachment and the save operation is called by the ItemSend event in Outlook 2016, you receive the following error message:The operation failed.
- When you open an email message in Outlook 2016, you receive the Access Denied error message. This issue occurs because an incorrect cached token is used to access email messages if you open different email messages within 60 seconds.
- When you try to open or save an attachment that has a long file name in an email message in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 crashes.
- When you do a Save as operation for a custom form in Outlook 2016, there's no response and no dialog box appears.
- When you try to send a meeting request that has an attachment and the save operation is called by the ItemSend event in Outlook 2016, you receive the following error message:
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114707 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3114707 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3114707 - Last Review: 22 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2