Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3141806.
- Assume that you have a document that has combo box content controls that are linked to custom XML parts in a document in Word 2016. After you select a value in one of these controls and then do an undo and a save operation, the type setting of some content controls is changed from combo box to rich text, and it loses the mapping to the node in the custom XML part.
- When you use a printer to print a document, and then you change to another printer programmatically in Word 2016, Word 2016 crashes.
- When you save a document as a PDF file in Word 2016, the content is broken in the PDF file.
- When you insert an online picture in a document in Word 2016, you receive an error message states that the picture cannot be inserted from a temporary Internet file location. Additionally, Word 2016 crashes.
- When you scroll HTML email messages in Outlook 2016 or Word 2016, Outlook 2016 or Word 2016 crashes.
- It takes a long time to update a content control in the XML Mapping control in Word 2016. This update improves performance for content controls in Word 2016.
- If the default input language is set to a language that is written by using Cyrillic characters, some keyboard shortcuts (for example, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V) don't work in Word 2016.
- The WindowBeforeRightClick event doesn't fire when you right-click in a document in Word 2016.
- When you try to insert an HTML file as an object in a Microsoft Word 2016 document, you receive the following error message: The program used to create this object is html file. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object, install html file or ensure that any dialog boxes in html file are closed.
- If you step through code (for example, by using the Step Into function) in a document in Word 2016, Word 2016 crashes.
- After you install updates for Word 2016, the Normal template (Normal.dotm) is renamed to Normal.dotm.old and a new Normal.dotm is created.
- There's insufficient memory or disk space to repaginate or print documents in Word 2016.
- When you use ctx.trackedObjects.add() and you unload the apps without manually cleaning up the objects, Word 2016 automatically gracefully clean up those objects before it unloads the apps.
- The Do Not Forward business bar information string is cropped and is not fully displayed in some non-English versions of Outlook 2016.
- A Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path that contains some full-width characters isn't resolved as a hyperlink in Word 2016.
- After you add a continuous section break to a document in Word 2016, a lastRenderedPageBreak object is added.
- If you use Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) tools to run some code in a document in Word 2016, a user selection is lost in the document.
- The Don't use HTML paragraph auto spacing compatibility option is unavailable to convert files in Word 2016.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the security update KB3114855 for the 32-bit version of Word 2016
- Download the security update KB3114855 for the 64-bit version of Word 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3141806.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces previously released security update KB3114702.
File hash information
|Package name||Package hash SHA 1||Package hash SHA 2|
Article ID: 3114855 - Last Review: 22 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2