Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Fixes the following issues:
- Online archive and public folders may disappear for a profile in Outlook 2013.
- When you respond to a recurring meeting with a single occurrence in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2013 may crash.
- Contact entries are not sorted alphabetically in a hierarchical address book in Outlook 2013.
Note To fix this issue, see KB3115007 for more information.
- Assume that you have connected to an Exchange server in Outlook 2013. In this situation, you still receive a prompt that lets you connect to the server. This issue occurs if the security certificate is mismatched.
Note To fix this issue, see KB3115008 for more information
- When a Web Add-in adds a file as an attachment to an email message or an appointment, an incorrect file name is used.
- When you click a button in Outlook add-ins in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2013 may crash.
- If Outlook 2013 connects to an Exchange server by using the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol, Outlook 2013 and Skype may crash. This issue occurs after you install April 5, 2016, update for Outlook 2013 (KB3114941).
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3115031 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB3115031 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Start Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 3115031 - Last Review: 22 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2