Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Adds Defenders of Ukraine Day to the Outlook holiday list for Ukraine in Outlook 2016.
- Translates the Defenders of Ukraine Day into the MSI-supported UI languages.
- Updates some translations for some features in Outlook 2016 in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to create a new profile in cached mode in Outlook 2016, you receive the following error message if the .ost file name contains an MS-DOS device driver name: For the list of default device driver names, see the "MORE INFORMATION" section in article KB74496.Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Unknown Error.
- Online archive and public folders may disappear for a profile in Outlook 2016.
- Assume that Outlook 2016 connects to an Exchange server in an intranet by using the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol. If you open the Connection Status dialog box, the Authn column displays Error* but not AutoLogon*.
- Time window settings in the Sync Slider window do not match those available in the Outlook 2016 Administrative Template.
- Outlook 2016 ignores the non-policy SyncWindowSetting key if the disk size is smaller than 64 GB.
Note See KB3115009 for more information.
- Outlook 2016 immediately deletes or duplicates email messages for POP3 accounts regardless of email settings.
- When you try to create a new profile in cached mode in Outlook 2016, you receive the following error message if the .ost file name contains an MS-DOS device driver name:
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115101 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3115101 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3115101 - Last Review: 22 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2