Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Assume that you send a workbook as an attachment by using the Send as Attachment function in Microsoft Excel 2016. Then, you insert an Outlook item to the email message in Outlook online mode. When you try to send the email message, Excel 2016 crashes.
- When you edit a contact and then reopen the contact in Outlook 2016, the contact photo is deleted.
- When you forward an email message in Outlook 2016 that has the reading pane disabled, the recipients of the email message aren't displayed in the body text.
- After you publish a custom form to the organizational forms library, you receive the following error message: Form load failed.
- When you search for a long string name in the address book in Outlook 2016, you can type the whole string even though the string can't be searched. The input should be stopped at 40 characters or 20 characters if a Unicode language is used (for example, Cyrillic strings).
- Smartcard authentication isn't supported in the new authentication in Outlook 2016.
Note To enable the smartcard authentication in Outlook 2016, see KB3115190 for more information. However, after you set the registry key, OAuth doesn't work because it's available only in the new authentication.
- The Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange link to view older items on the Exchange server should not be displayed.
- Hyperlinks don't work in embedded email messages in Outlook 2016.
- If there are many attachments in an email message in Outlook 2016, the attachment scrollbar doesn't appear on high DPI devices.
- If Outlook 2016 connects to an Exchange server by using the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol, Outlook 2016 may crash.
- After you receive an email message that contains missing properties in a folder in Outlook 2016, you can't synchronize the folder any longer.
- Outlook 2016 returns an incorrect API requirement set to Web Add-ins.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115147 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3115147 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3115147 - Last Review: 20 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2