Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issue:
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a new report. For example, you create a new report that's based on the default Project Overview report.
- In a field list, you add more than one level of sorting.
- You save your project.
- You open your project.
To fix other Project issues, see December 6, 2016, update for Project 2016 (KB3127994) for more information.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115278 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3115278 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3115278 - Last Review: 19 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2