Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Outlook 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3170008.
- Adds the ability for non-Outlook MAPI applications to use the Autodiscover service to receive connection settings during IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore, when the target is an Exchange mailbox.
- Enables Web Add-ins to retrieve the EWS URL and the callback token from a compose item.
- Outlook 2016 may crash when it synchronizes date with Exchange server in the background.
- You can't use the Office Customization Tool (OCT) tool to automate the configuration of Outlook 2016 profiles to include .pst files.
- Attachments in the body of a task are rearranged when you assign it to another user.
- Fixes a crash that is caused by clicking a Web Add-in ExecuteFunction button on the ribbon while the body of an email is still loading.
- When you forward Digital Rights Management (DRM)–protected email messages in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 always forwards the email messages as attachments instead of honoring the user's preferred format for the forwarded email message.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB3170008.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces previously released security update KB3114861.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|
Article ID: 3115279 - Last Review: 19 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2