Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues in Power Pivot:
- When you use certain DAX formulas, you receive the following error message: An unexpected error occurred (file xmvsquery.cpp)
- You can now use certain Korean IME double-byte characters in measure names.
- The Suggest Related Data option is deleted from the Power Pivot ribbon because the web service is no longer available.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115497 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3115497 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3115497 - Last Review: 19 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2