If you want or need to perform a SharePoint 2016 license upgrade, you must complete the license upgrade before installing the September 2016 public update.
Patching and upgrading the September 2016 public update for SharePoint Server 2016 may take three times longer than in previous public updates. Please be patient while the patching and upgrading operations are completing.
Note This issue is fixed in November 2016 PU for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 1).
- Translate some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- Update translations for My Site strings in Polish in SharePoint Server 2016 to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- Update SharePoint Insights strings in multiple languages to make sure the consistency.
- After you install this update, each error message that's displayed on the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard UI will be limited to 2048 characters and an error tag will be appended to the end of each error message.
- Increase the time-out time for the Copy-SPSideBySideFiles command operation.
- This update includes the following improvements and fixes for SharePoint Server 2016:
- When you run the Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication cmdlet, you receive the following error message:This issue occurs after you restore the search service application database.An item with the same key has already been added.
- Incremental SPExport doesn't work in SharePoint Server 2016.
- When you use a slider refiner template, the decimal search refiners are broken.
- Third-party applications don't work with Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) writer for Microsoft SharePoint 2016.
- When you try to attach a SharePoint server 2013 database with the Remote BLOB Storage (RBS) installed to SharePoint Server 2016, you receive an update error.
- The Launch Dashboard Designer button is disabled on the ribbon of a PerformancePoint content list.
- The Manage Lists permission is incorrectly required to override list behavior such as restrictions on who can create items and edit items. The Override List Behaviors permission should not be dependent on the Manage Lists permission.
- You can't use the MinRole feature and the VSS writer service at the same time because the feature will disable the VSS writer service.
- When you try to add a database to an availability group, a backup of the database isn't created automatically, and there may be redundant backups because there's no logic to determine whether a backup is created.
- When you run the Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication cmdlet, you receive the following error message:
- When you use a template to create a project in Project Web App, the duration of a fixed duration task is changed unexpectedly.
- For a task that displays in a timeline on a SharePoint site, when you edit the task's date range from the callout, the timeline disappears.
- When you use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, the focus is lost unexpectedly when you move bars up or down from one timeline to another.
- When you publish certain projects that include timelines in Project Web App, the Schedule Project Detail Page doesn't load so that you can't see the schedule view.
- For tasks that display in a timeline on a SharePoint site, when you click the Edit Date Range button for a task on the timeline, you receive an error that resembles the following:Error message "Sorry, something went wrong"
Correlation ID: xxxxx
Date and Time: xxxx.
- If you use the keyboard to select parts of the Project Summary web part, the visual focus may be stuck on the timeline section of the web part when at the same time the focus appears elsewhere. This causes screen readers not to work correctly.
- When the focus is given to a check box on the Project Web App Resource Center page, nothing is ready by a reader because the column does not have a header.
- On the Manage Timesheets page, a screen reader can't determine which cell is selected and therefore it can't read out the information in the cell to the user.
- If project sites are created on a different site collection than Project Web App, the Web Admins group is created but user accounts are never synchronized to the group.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You have an Administrative Time category that allows multiple lines.
- You create a timesheet.
- On the timesheet, you create a new non-project line that uses the category.
- You save the timesheet.
- You go to the next timesheet period.
- You can't use keyboard to expand or collapse groupings in the grid on the Resource Center page.
- Assume that you press the Tab key to move the focus on a column header on the Manage Timesheets page. Then, you press the Enter key in order to sort by this field. In this situation, the focus is lost from the column header, and you have to press the Tab key many times in order to return to the column header.
- In a task list, when you click the Add button to add a new option from the Predecessors section and use the Tab key to navigate away from the Add button, visual focus disappears and you can't make selections from the Priority or the Task Status drop-down lists.
- You can't use the keyboard to move the focus to the column headers in the grid for the Resource Center page. Therefore, you can't sort the grid by using the keyboard. After you install this update, you can tab to the column header and then press CTRL + SPACE to open the drop-down list. You can also press CTRL + Y to shift the focus to the column header for a grid cell.
- You don't have the permission to create a project in Project Web App even if you are a project manager.
- A server-side correlation cancelation on a save job causes deferred jobs to be canceled. For example, a team member submits time against a task and the status manager approves the update. Then, the project is checked out and the Status Update job state is listed as Skipped for Optimization. If a future save on the given project is canceled for whatever reason, the Skipped for Optimization status update job is also canceled.
- After you delete a value from a custom field on the My Tasks page, the change isn't saved and the value comes back when you go to the My Tasks page again.
Article ID: 3118289 - Last Review: 20 Jan 2017 - Revision: 3