- Start Fiddler in capture mode.
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet options on the Tools menu.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- In the Proxy server area, select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box, and then select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Exceptions area, enter the following in the Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with text box:*.mydomain.com.awin;*.mydomain
- Browse to http://www.test.mydomain by using Internet Explorer 11.
Result: You should see that the request is being processed through the Fiddler proxy. You should see a 502 status reported.
- In the exceptions list, change "*.mydomain.com.awin ;*.mydomain" to the following:*.mydomain;*.mydomain.com.awin
- Browse to http://www.test.mydomain in Internet Explorer 11.
Result: You should see no request in Fiddler, and you receive a "This page cannot be displayed" error message in the browser.
Article ID: 3119660 - Last Review: 18 Mar 2016 - Revision: 1