To resolve this problem, use ADSI Edit to clear the value of the msExchRemoteRecipientType attribute for the user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start ADSI Edit, and then connect to the default naming context.
- Expand the domain, and then expand the organizational unit (OU) that contains the user object.
- Right-click the user object, and then click Properties.
- In Attribute Editor, locate and then select the msExchRemoteRecipientType attribute.
- Click Edit, delete the value, and then click OK.
- Wait for directory synchronization to run, or manually force synchronization.
Article ID: 3124148 - Last Review: 30 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1