Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- When you open a presentation from a webpage, the presentation is opened as read-only. If you edit and then save the presentation, PowerPoint 2016 may crash. This issue also occurs in Word 2016, Excel 2016, and Visio 2016.
- When you open and save Office documents, the background synchronization process may behave inefficiently. This causes increased CPU usage and a re-synchronization is needed to update documents.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3127906 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3127906 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3127906 - Last Review: 19 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2