Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Enables Microsoft Skype for Business client to scale across monitors that are set to different DPIs.
Note If this update doesn't work as expected, you should delete a registry key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers. The key has a name with the full path of lync.exe and a value of HIGHDPIAWARE.
After you delete the registry key, you must restart Skype for Business to make sure that this fix functions correctly.
- Assume that you use a laptop in a docking station, and then you undock it. In this situation, the UI and font (for Skype for Business client) don't scale correctly. Base on the DPI settings, they may appear very large or very small.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center can't be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3127915 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB3127915 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 3127915 - Last Review: 19 Jan 2017 - Revision: 2