Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- When macros and some add-ins are included in operations to update the status bar text frequently, they are significantly slower in Office 2013 and Office 2016 than in earlier versions.
- When you insert content into cells in Excel, Excel may intermittently freeze on virtual machines and low-end devices.
- When you enable the desktop composition feature in Windows, Office 2016 application windows become white.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3127992 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3127992 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3127992 - Last Review: 4 Jan 2017 - Revision: 1