Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixesFixes the following issues:
- Consider the following scenario:
- You're using Microsoft Office 2016 Click-to-Run.
- You're using an Office 365 Exchange Online mailbox, with Modern Authentication enabled.
- This update enables Microsoft Skype for Business Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) when you use Citrix RealTime optimization pack 2.0 and later versions.
- This update enables Microsoft Skype for Business client to scale across monitors that are set to different DPIs.
Note If this update doesn't work as expected, you should delete a registry key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers. The key has a name with the full path of lync.exe and a value of HIGHDPIAWARE.
After you delete the registry key, you must restart Skype for Business to make sure that this fix functions correctly.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3128055 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3128055 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3128055 - Last Review: 4 Jan 2017 - Revision: 1