This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 9 for Windows Azure Pack. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 9 for Windows Azure Pack.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Issue 1: WAP administrators cannot change the tenant administrator of a subscription
Symptom Tenants cannot be disassociated from their subscriptions that they have created and no longer need.
Resolution WAP administrators can now assign any subscription to any other tenant making the target tenant the new owner (or tenant admin) of a subscription. You can do this by using a new Windows PowerShell cmdlet. Example:
Note Calling this cmdlet triggers subscription update events. These events are sent to all registered Resource Providers and Billing adapters to let them to process the change as necessary.
- Issue 2: WAP administrators cannot hide specific VHDs from the Tenant UI during VM Creation
This behavior make sure that any VHD used by the WAP administrator for system administration or any other deployments outside the scope of WAP are seen by tenant users and can be selected by users when they are provisioning their virtual machines (VMs).
Symptom Tenants can see and select VHDs that are not meant to be used to create tenant VMS. This always results in VM failure and bad user experiences.
Resolution Administrators can tag specific VHDs in Microsoft Virtual Machine manager (VMM) by using the “WAPHIDDEN” tag. This causes the VHDs not to be listed in the tenant portal UI. This does not hide the VHDs from any other interface, such as PowerShell cmdlets and REST APIs.
- Issue 3: Failure to send VM Role deletion event when a cloud service is deleted
Symptom When the administrator deletes a cloud service, all the associated VM Roles are also deleted. However, the associated VM Role deletion event is not sent to listening runbooks.
Resolution The VM Role deletion event is now sent as expected.
- Issue 4: Several of the list controls that are displayed in the WAP Tenant Portal extension for VMs are out of order
Symptom This problem is especially noticeable when you create VM roles. The user experience degrades when the number of items in these lists increases because the users can no longer locate and select items quickly.
Resolution The following list controls are changed to sort the data items:
- VM Role list and other dropdown lists when you provision a VM Role from the Gallery. (This includes Data Disks and Logical Network lists.)
- When you attach a DVD device to a VM.
- Issue 5: The Russian Time Zone updates is not applied to the WAP administrator and tenant portals
Symptom Azure Pack portal displays the older time zones for Russia.
Resolution The Russian time zones are updated to reflect the latest standard.
- Issue 6: The Admin Portal Web Sites extension, the UI control to enter the memory limit for the website does not support an amount great enough to support x64 websites
Symptom When you enter a memory amount, the limits are from 1 to 1,024 Megabytes.
Resolution This field now accepts large values that address the needs of x64 websites.
- Issue 7: Usage Configuration items are overwritten by update rollups
Symptom The Usage Configuration items are being overwritten by update rollups. That is, the configuration values in the Usage configuration table are not preserved by the updates.
Resolution Values are now preserved.
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Windows Update or by manual download.
Windows UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps on a computer that has Microsoft Systems Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager installed:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Microsoft Update CatalogThe update packages are available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3129786 - Last Review: 28 Jan 2016 - Revision: 1