This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 9 for Windows Azure Pack Web Sites version 2. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 9 for Windows Azure Pack Web Sites version 2.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Continuous WebJobs stop and do not restart until a tenant logs on to the Windows Azure Pack Portal. This is resolved by enabling the AlwaysOn feature of the website. You can do this by using the Set-WebsitesSiteConfig PowerShell cmdlet, and by passing 1 (true) or 0 (false) to the AlwaysOn property, as in the following example:
Set-WebsitesSiteConfig -Name "ExampleSite" -AlwaysOn 1
Note The AlwaysOn property is enabled on Dedicated instances. By default, it is not enabled on Shared instances.
- You cannot switch deployment slots by using "OnPrem" cmdlets. Support is added for Get-WebSitesSlotsDifferences, New-WebSitesSiteSlot, and Switch-WebSitesSiteSlots in Windows Azure Pack Web Sites.
- Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server and Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server are now preinstalled on workers.
- Monitoring for websites fails after you upgrade to Update Rollup 6 or Update Rollup 7.
- When a Worker instance is removed, the Front End role maintains a stale copy of the connection string and tries to reset the connection string periodically.
- "HTTP 404" or "Not Found" status response code is returned when hostnames are stored in Unicode.
- A time-out occurs when you query a large metering usage database if the database table has more than 3 million records.
- Option to use an external file server is restored for new installations. The External file server option is improved to enforce storage quotas while removing problems that interact with many different storage devices and new storage technologies on Windows Server. This includes Scale-Out File Server (SOFS).
Note To configure this option during controller configuration, select the "Use an external file server" option when you select the file server type.
Framework and Component Updates included in this update rollupUpdates to the .NET Framework:
- The .NET Framework 4.5.2 Developer Pack
- MS Build Tools 2015
- The .NET Framework 4.6
- The .NET Framework 4.6 target packs
- VC14 C++ Runtime
NodeJS new versions installed:
NPM new versions installed:
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack Web Sites version 2 are available from Windows Update or by manual download.
Windows UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Operational Manager component installed:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
- Wait for the WebSites Management Console snap-in to appear on the desktop. (This is also searchable through the Start menu.) Then, follow these steps:
- Open the console.
- Start the websites controller.
- Monitor the roles upgrade process.
Microsoft Update CatalogThe update packages are available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3129789 - Last Review: 11 Mar 2016 - Revision: 1