This error is shown in the following image.
To resolve this problem, please follow these steps.
- Exit any open Office 2013 or Office 2016 programs.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, press the Windows key+R to open the Run window, type regedit in the Open box, and then press OK .
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:
Note, replace x.0 with your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, and 15.0 = Office 2013)
- Select the first subkey under \Providers (for example, \KpwDSnL9jumf9ZJTx_XF_Q==).
- Examine the data value for the UniqueID value. You are looking for either of the following values:
Note, guid preceding _ADAL is a random set of numbers and letters (for example, 3a975b5d-ad3e-4e3d-84b0-a7e6776ba6a6)
- If the data value for UniqueID is either guid_ADAL or Anonymous, delete the parent subkey of UniqueID.
For example, if UniqueID = 3a975b5d-ad3e-4e3d-84b0-a7e6776ba6a6_ADAL under the \KpwDSnL9jumf9ZJTx_XF_Q== subkey, then you would delete the \KpwDSnL9jumf9ZJTx_XF_Q== subkey.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each subkey under the \Providers key.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- In Windows Explorer, delete the \Wef folder under the following path:
Note, username is your user name and x.0 is your Office version.
If you are unable to manually locate the above folder,ress the Windows key+R to open the ress the Windows key+R to open the Run window, type the command below for your version of Office in the Open box, and then press OK:
- Office 2016
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
Article ID: 3129913 - Last Review: 22 Dec 2015 - Revision: 1