Or, you receive the following error message when you set a proxy by using the Change Properties command in the Microsoft Azure Backup snap-in:
Please check the server settings and verify that the proxy server address is correct.
CBSettings.xml is stored in the scratch folder that you specified as "Cache Location" during the installation of Microsoft Azure Recovery Service Agent. By default, the scratch folder is located in the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\Config\ScratchLocation
To set a proxy, follow these steps:
- Copy the CBSettings.xml file to any folder as a backup.
- Close the Microsoft Azure Backup snap-in if it's running.
- Open CBSettings.xml.
- Update the <ProxySetting> line, and then save the file. If <ProxySetting> is missing in the CBSettings.xml, add it. If <ProxySetting> already exists, replace it. For example, enter the following line in CBSettings.xml Contents:<ProxySetting><Enabled>true</Enabled><ProxyServer>http://10.10.10.10</ProxyServer><ProxyPort>80</ProxyPort></ProxySetting>
- Open the Services Management console (Services.msc).
- Right-click the "Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent" service, and then click Restart.
- Start the Microsoft Azure Backup snap-in, and then verify that the proxy setting is set correctly by using the Change Properties command.
Article ID: 3132419 - Last Review: 9 Feb 2016 - Revision: 1