- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password in Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
- If you already have Office 2016 for Mac installed, and you do not want to receive Office for Mac 2011 updates, follow the steps in Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac to remove Office for Mac 2011.
- Meeting invitations can now be accepted or declined when the sender's display name contains escape characters.
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.6.1 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
- To use AutoUpdate, start an Office for Mac program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. See resources for Office for Mac 2011 for more information.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.6.1 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed. The number should be 14.1.0 or a later version.
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3134226.
Update replacement informationThis security update replaces security update KB3133699.
Article ID: 3137721 - Last Review: 16 Feb 2016 - Revision: 1