- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 subscription options.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password on Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements:
- Word now fully supports Arabic and Hebrew. This includes right-to-left layout and editing.
- PowerPoint now fully supports Arabic and Hebrew. This includes right-to-left layout and editing.
- Add-ins such as Solver just got better. Use the grid to select cells for any add-in.
- Excel now fully supports Arabic and Hebrew. This includes right-to-left layout and editing.
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Article ID: 3138327 - Last Review: 16 Mar 2016 - Revision: 1