Release Date: February 2016
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to install this update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 update on your computer, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4. Additionally, you must make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine the version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Start Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
Restart requirementAfter you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.3.3 update, we recommend that you restart the computer before you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the October 2015 update for Lync for Mac 2011 14.2.1.
Issues that the update fixesThis update fixes the issues that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 3144567 The change of the "Also ring" option in Preferences can't be saved in Lync for Mac 2011
- 3139306 Text formatting lost when you copy or paste them between Lync for Mac 2011 and Word on a Mac computer
- 3139305 Lync for Mac 2011 conversations aren't saved in the Outlook Conversation History folder when you use an Office 365 account
- 3139304 Video is distorted after a video call window is resized
- 3139292 Lync 2011 for Mac doesn't automatically sign back in
- 3139291 "LocalEndpointAllocationFailed" error is logged and Lync for Mac client becomes unresponsive randomly
- 3139287 Duplicate contacts are displayed in search results in Lync for Mac 2011
- 3139286 Video preview window is black in Lync for Mac 2011
Article ID: 3139293 - Last Review: 25 Feb 2016 - Revision: 1