This article provides the Skype for Business client Click-to-Run installers for all supported languages.
Note: The Skype for Business Basic desktop client provides presence, instant messaging and conferencing features for Office 365 plans that include Skype for Business Online. If you are licensed for Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and Office 365 Enterprise E4, you are also licensed for the full Skype for Business Windows desktop client, which includes additional features including advanced telephony support, archiving & compliance features. Please download full Skype for Business Windows desktop client from the Office 365 Software portal.
System requirementsFor complete system requirements info, see System requirements for the new Office.
Installing the clientTo install the Skype for Business client, follow these steps:
- Uninstall any earlier versions of Skype for Business.
- In the "Skype for Business client installers" section, click the Skype for Business installer for your language and system version. If you are already running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office, you must select the same edition type for Skype for Business.
- Run the downloaded file to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Uninstalling the clientTo uninstall the Skype for Business client, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of currently installed programs, right-click Skype for Business, and then click Uninstall.
For additional information
Article ID: 3139711 - Last Review: 5 Apr 2016 - Revision: 1