Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- When Outlook add-ins call the SetBody and GetBody functions, HTML inline attachment images will be set and returned correctly. It also makes this function more reliable generally.
- Updates the translation in the Propose New Time dialog box of a meeting item in Japanese in Outlook 2016.
- Fixes the following issues:
- If you select the plus signal ("+") to expand a distribution list in the To field of a meeting request in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 may crash. This issue occurs if Outlook 2016 has a third-party add-in installed.
- When you open Outlook 2016 that has more than 30 calendars in a calendar view in a Citrix environment, Outlook 2016 freezes. To fix this issue, see KB3141476 for more information.
- Assume that you right-click an email message from a distribution list and select to create a rule for email messages from the distribution list. When you receive an email message from a member of the distribution list, the rule does not work as expected.
- Fixes several email, calendar and contacts sync issues experienced by some users who have upgraded Outlook.com accounts.
- When you send RTF email messages that have attachments in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 may crash if you have an add-in that deletes and adds attachments back on sending.
- The Download Public Folder Favorites setting does not work in Outlook 2016.
- When you open an instance of a recurring meeting in Online mode in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 may freeze.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3141453 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3141453 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3141453 - Last Review: 6 Jan 2017 - Revision: 1