To keep your Surface Pro 6 performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface Pro 6
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
- Updates released as a “Gradual Roll-out” will be offered automatically over a period of time. To force the download, go to the Start button and then select Settings. Go to the Update & Security option that opens to Windows Update and click on Check for Updates.
September 2020 updates
September 15 release
The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater.
Windows Update History Name
Device Manager Name
Version and Update
Surface - Firmware - 235.3261.768.0
Surface UEFI - Firmware
Surface – Firmware – 241.304.139.0
Surface System Aggregator -Firmware
To learn more about Smart Charging, see Caring for your Surface battery.
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers.
- Currently, there are no known issues.