Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
This security update resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft .NET Framework that may cause an information disclosure that allows bypassing Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS) configurations.
An attacker who successfully exploits the vulnerability could retrieve from a web application content that's normally restricted.
This security update addresses the vulnerability by enforcing CORS configuration to prevent its bypass.
To learn more about this vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0545.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2) require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll update, see KB 4019478.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
- 4480062 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480062)
- 4480059 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 SP1, Server 2008 R2 SP1, and Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480059)
- 4480055 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 and for .NET Framework 4.6 for Server 2008 SP2 (KB 4480055)