Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4489880 (released March 12, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Addresses an issue with a Microsoft Access 97 database that stops a requested operation when a table or column has custom properties.
- Addresses an issue with Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications that fails to use the Japanese Era registry settings for dates in the Japanese format. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that fails to enable the new Japanese Era on the server core for Windows Server 2008 service pack 2.
- Updates time zone information for Kazakhstan.
- Updates time zone information for São Tomé and Príncipe.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from enabling gan-nen support for the Japanese Era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Improves performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions such as _stricmp() in the Universal C runtime.
- Addresses an issue that prevents date parsers from converting future and past dates (Gregorian and Japanese) in compound documents (formerly OLE) to a relevant Japanese Era date. For more information, see KB4469068.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, NETDOM.EXE fails to run, and the on-screen error, “The command failed to complete successfully.” appears.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4493471.
|After installing this update, some customers report that authentication fails for services that require unconstrained delegation after the Kerberos ticket expires (the default is 10 hours). For example, the SQL server service fails.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4499149.
Any compound document (OLE) server application that places embedded objects into the Windows Metafile (WMF) using the PatBlt API may display embedded objects incorrectly.For example, if you paste a Microsoft Excel worksheet object into a Microsoft Word document, the cells may render with a different background color.
|This issue is resolved in KB4493471.|
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4489887.