This article describes the issues that are fixed in theUpdate Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent that is dated July 2019. Additionally,this article contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Storage Sync Agent (FileSyncSvc) crashes if the proxy configuration is null.
- Server endpoint will start BCDR (error 0x80c80257 - ECS_E_BCDR_IN_PROGRESS) if multiple endpoints on the server have the same name.
- Cloud tiering reliability improvements.
Note Update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent are cumulative. Thisupdate includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in theprevious cumulative update.
More information about this update rollup
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 126.96.36.199 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 188.8.131.52.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent
Update rollups for the Azure File Sync Agent are availablefrom MicrosoftUpdate and by manual download.
- If the Azure File Sync agent is not currently installed on a server, use the agent installation package on the Microsoft Download Center. The agent installation package on Microsoft Update and Microsoft Update Catalog is intended for agent upgrades only.
- To update existing agent installations, run AfsUpdater.exe (located in the agent installation directory) or download and install the update from Microsoft Update or Microsoft Update Catalog.
To get and install an update package from MicrosoftUpdate, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agentinstalled:
Server 2016 andServer 2019
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & Security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify the update rollup package is listed and then click Install now.
Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify the update rollup package is selected, and then click Install.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Go to the following website to manually download thisupdate from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update package, run the followingcommand from an elevated command prompt:
- msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater /qb /l*v KB4490497.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agent updatefor Server 2016, run the following command:
- msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4490497.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater /qb /l*v KB4490497.log
Microsoft Download Center
Go to the Microsoft Download Centerto manually download the agent installation package for new agentinstallations.
How to perform a silentinstallation for a new agent installation
To perform a silentinstallation for a new agent installation that uses the default settings, runthe following command at an elevated command prompt:
- msiexec /i packagename.msi /qb /l*v AFSInstaller.log
For example, to install theAzure File Sync agent for Windows Server 2016, run the following command:
- msiexec /i StorageSyncAgent_WS2016.msi /qb /l*v AFSInstaller.log
- Use the /qb switch to display restart prompts (if required), agent update, and server registration screens. To suppress the screens and automatically restart the server (if required), use the /qn switch.
- To perform a silent installation with custom settings, follow the steps documented in KB4459986.