Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Have an ad-hoc meeting
If there are no scheduled meetings listed on the welcome screen, the Surface Hub is free to use—just sign in and start working.
How you meet is up to you—you can dive right into Microsoft Whiteboard and start drawing out your ideas, open up your recent files to see them on the big screen and get real-time feedback from your team, and start a call with Teams or Skype. Get creative and work however works best for that moment—it’s up to you.
Schedule a meeting
It’s easy to schedule a meeting on a Surface Hub—just invite it to the meeting like you would a person. Include the Surface Hub on the invite list of your meeting—you’ll be able to see its availability just like you can the other people you’re inviting.
If you don’t know the name of the Surface Hub you want, select Call on the welcome screen, and then look for the email address of the Surface Hub listed under Organizer. That's the email address you should invite to your meeting.
If you're not sure, ask your support person.
Start a scheduled meeting
If you’ve scheduled a meeting on a Surface Hub , you should see your name listed on the welcome screen along with the time of the meeting.
To start your meeting, select Join, and you’ll enter the meeting right away. If your meeting includes Teams or Skype, the call will start as well.
Add someone to a call on Surface Hub
Here's how to add someone to a call using Teams:
- Select Show participants.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to add in the box that says Invite someone.
Or, dial the phone number of the person you want to add.
Here’s how to add someone to a call on a Surface Hub using Skype:
- Select People at the bottom of the Skype pane, then Add.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to add, or dial their number.
Share the Surface Hub screen during a call
Here's how to share the screen using Teams:
- Select Share. You’ll see a yellow outline around the content you’re presenting on the screen.
- To stop sharing without hanging up, select Stop sharing.
Here's how to share the screen using Skype:
- Select Present screen.
- To stop presenting without hanging up, select Stop presenting.