IMPORTANT Verify that you have installed the required updates listed in the How to get this update section before installing this update.
Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4519976 (released October 8, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Updates time zone information for Norfolk Island, Australia.
- Updates time zone information for the Fiji Islands.
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows. For more information, see KB4525208.
- Addresses an issue that prevents netdom.exe from displaying the new ticket-granting ticket (TGT) delegation bit for the display or query mode.
Known issues in this update
How to get this update
Before installing this update
You must install the updates listed below and restart your device before installing the latest Rollup. Installing these updates improves the reliability of the update process and mitigates potential issues while installing the Rollup.
- The March 12, 2019 servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4490628). To get the standalone package for this SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- The latest SHA-2 update (KB4474419) released September 10, 2019. If you are using Windows Update, the latest SHA-2 update will be offered to you automatically. For more information on SHA-2 updates, see 2019 SHA-2 Code Signing Support requirement for Windows and WSUS.
- The latest SSU (KB4516655). If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for the latest SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update or Microsoft Update||Yes||This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4519972.