Consider the following scenario in Business Portal in Microsoft Dynamics GP or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains:
- The Business Portal Administrator modifies the Customer Information query in the Customer Card Web part. The Business Portal Administrator modifies the query by adding several fields from the Sales Territory and Payment Term data entities.
- The Business Portal Administrator then moves the modified query to the Shared folder so that all users can view the modified query.
System.Xml.XmlException Unable to update the specified query, Customer Information, from the specified XML definition.Note The Business Portal Administrator does not receive this error message.
This problem occurs if the Salesperson role does not have permissions to access the Sales Territory and Payment Term data entities.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start Business Portal in Microsoft Dynamics GP or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains as a user who is assigned to the Business Portal Administrator All Companies role.
- Click Site Settings, click Users and Permissions, and then click Manage Roles.
- Click Salesperson, click the Permissions tab, and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Data Permissions area, locate the Sales Territory and Payment Term data entities. Expand each data entity, and then click each corresponding data permission to grant the Salesperson role access to the data permission.
Note Make sure that you click only the data entities and the data permissions to which you want to grant access. When you grant a role access to data entities and to data permissions, you grant this role access to data in the back office tables.