Here's how to return or exchange items purchased from Microsoft or Microsoft Store. If you bought a Microsoft product from a source other than Microsoft Store, contact that source to return the item.
Physical goods like a Surface, Xbox controller, virtual reality headset or packaged software may be eligible for return and exchange or refund.
- Sign in to Order history, and then select Request a return. If you don’t see Request a return, your item may not be eligible for a return. See Microsoft Terms of Sale.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to get a prepaid shipping label for the return. If you can't get a prepaid shipping label for the return, contact support.
When we receive your item and find it eligible for a return, we’ll either ship you a replacement or issue you a refund.
Digital goods like apps, games, add-on content, subscriptions, movies, TV shows, and books are not returnable unless the offer or applicable law states that you're eligible for a refund.
Digital gift cards and service/subscription cards may be eligible for return. See Microsoft gift card terms and conditions.
When you make a qualifying return, we'll credit the full amount, less the original shipping and handling charges. Refunds are generally processed within 3–5 business days after we receive your item and find it eligible for a return. Refunds are applied to the original payment option.
See the resources below for more help with Microsoft products and services.
- Visit Microsoft Support for help with products such as Windows 10, Xbox, Office, and more.
- For tracking or cancelling orders, go to Microsoft Store support.
- Get more info about canceling a subscription or free trial or turning off recurring billing.
- See more topics related to Microsoft subscriptions at My subscriptions.
- Get info about how to Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store.
- Read Microsoft Terms of Sale for detailed info about the return and refund policy.
- Read Microsoft’s Extended Holiday Returns Policy.
- Post a question in the Microsoft Community.