Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Open the sample database NORTHWIND.MDB (or NWIND.MDB in Microsoft Access 2.0 and 1.x).
- Export the Employees table as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that is named Employee.xls.
- Open the Employee.xls file in Microsoft Excel.
- In the first row of the Postal Code column, type 98122, and then press
ENTER. Type this postal code even if the current value is already 98122.
- Close the spreadsheet and then save your changes.
- In Microsoft Access, import the spreadsheet as a new table. Select the First Row Contains Column Headings check box in the Import Spreadsheet Wizard dialog box (or the First Row Contains Field Names check box in the Import Spreadsheet Options dialog box in Microsoft Access 2.0 or 1.x).
- After the import is complete, a link_ImportErrors table appears in the Database window.
- Open the link_ImportErrors table. Note the "Type Conversion Failure"error for all postal codes that contain alphabetical characters.
Article ID: 109376 - Last Review: Jan 18, 2007 - Revision: 1