- Create an ASCII text file that contains the following sentence: This sentence demonstrates how a character string can be changed.
- Create a database that contains only a memo field.
- Append a blank record to that database.
- Create a program that contains the following code.
APPEND MEMO <memofield> FROM <ASCII file> OVERWRITE
REPLACE <memofield> WITH Temp
COPY MEMO <memofield> TO <ASCII file>
- Run the program.
- Open the ASCII file; the word "demonstrates" should now read "shows".
Article ID: 113278 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2008 - Revision: 1